Monday, September 22, 2008

Quick Understanding of Marketing

What is marketing ?

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!"
That's Direct Marketing.

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and point at you, saying: "He's very rich. Marry him."
That's Advertising.

3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and get her telephone number.
The next day, you call and say: "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me."
That's Telemarketing.

4. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl.
You get up and straighten your tie, walk up to her and pour her a drink.
You open the door (of the car) for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride and then say: "By the way, I'm rich. Will you Marry Me?"
That's Public Relations.

5. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl.
She walks up to you and says: "You are very rich! Will you marry me?"
That's Brand Recognition.

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!"
She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
That's Customer Feedback.

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and say: "I am very rich. Marry me!"
And she introduces you to her husband.
That's demand and supply gap.

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and before you say anything, another person come and tell her: "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him.
That's competition eating into your market share.

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party.
You go up to her and before you say: "I'm rich, Marry me!" and your wife arrives.
That's restriction from entering new markets.


*****************************************************************************


Joke of the day:-

I sent my boss a revised copy of his Travel Expenses Claim.


Me: Please see attached revised Travel Claims
for your kind reference.

Him: Pls advise the difference
from the 1st ver just for my info.

Me: I mistook the Cab plate no. as the
amount

Him: Hahahah …. So funny.

Muahahaha. Very silly right.

No comments: