Friday, July 27, 2007

Miscommunication

It’s rather funny communicating with some of my german counterpart; when you write them an email and they reply with things you completely cannot understand, and when you call them up to clarify, they ask you to write them an email.

What the.

I spend one whole week to clarify the whole matter. One moment she said she didn’t receive the parts and request for me to send again, another moment she say it’s not necessary to send ‘cause she will use the remaining parts she has, next moment she say the parts MUST be sent over, in the end when I send her the parts, she said it’s not necessary.

Miscommunication.

All my colleagues who are in the cc loop were like wondering what this lady wants!

Her English is okay, her words are all easy to read, but the problem lies in her sentencing. Her sentence just makes no sense, totally, you can’t figure out what she’s trying to say!

My boss was angry (to me) as well, ask me to call her up and double confirm with that lady and make sure that the ship date still remains, but everything just sounds so stupid.

“Hi Nicole, do you need me to send you the parts?”

“Yes, of course!”

“Okay, what is the minimum required quantity?”

…..

“Can you wait a moment?”

…………………………………………. 5 mins pass by………………….

“Hi Val, do you still need me?”

“… Yes, I was asking you what’s the minimum quantity you need for the parts.”

“Can you please write me an email?”




In the end, I wrote her an email again and there was like totally no reply! Ouh, okay soon then I sent her the parts again and she finally replied like, “Thank you for shipping the parts but ….. We don’t need any further parts.”

SAI SAI SAI.

Luckily she is just standing in for one of the lady who went away for vacation.

If not, maybe I will quit my job.

No comments: