Saturday, July 21, 2007

Sickkk

Ouh, i was sick on thursday. It's been nearly a year before i last took my mc i guess?

Throat infection. Fever 38.6. Body ache.

So finally i took a day mc and spend the whole day at home, erm, doing nothing. I have got unexpected call and super sweet smses from my colleagues, but all these appear so fake to me.

Pure concern is enough, too much of it makes it very pretentious.

Imagine one of your colleague who is from other region and not really close to you, give you a ring and say, "oh heard that you're not in the office, how are you? Getting better? Oh just call to see if you're fine."

I'm not dying, i'm just sick. And the point is i'm not even close to the person! I was like rolling my eyes when i'm on the phone.

Then next coming up is ABB, with super super sweet sms asking me to switch off my phone, say i need rest and drink more water, make sure i keep him posted of my condition.

eh... helo?

Are you sure you want to know?

I know the sms definitely sounds very sweet, that's why all the girls in the office are falling head over heels for him. I know him best, and i know such sms are just his way of making one to have good impression of him.

Then during evening time he really did sms me again, asking me to update him about my condition.

I replied his sms, then of course, there was no reply. Seriously it doesn't come from the bottom of his heart that he is really concern about his sub, it's more like following a template. And you know what, all his subs are following his style; that's why the call from my regional salesman.

Even my closest colleague and boss didn't go to the extent of it, i mean of course, i'm just having a fever, not as if i'm hospitalised or what. If i am, probably i will be happy to entertain their call or sms.

Okay, maybe i'm just sick, that's why i'm feeling lousy.

Ouh, now cough and flu coming...

No comments: